The use of essential oils has always been an important part of aromatherapy. This alternative form of medicine has been in use for hundreds of years to treat different kinds of health problems, including depression, anxiety, headaches, and many more. No matter the type of health problem, experts of aromatherapy will recommend the perfect Oil to take care of such a problem. The main compound used in the aromatherapy is derived from volatile compounds usually contained in medicinal plants and herbs. The essence, which in this case are the scent and flavor of the plants, are mixed with the extracted Oil.
Common types of Essential Oils
There are numerous types of essential oils, each with its specific essence and health benefits. They include:
- Essential Oils for Relaxation: Lavender, Mandarin, Sandalwood, Cypress, etc.
- Essential Oils to Boost Energy Level: Spearmint, Rose Mary, Black spruce, etc.
- Essential Oils to Improve your Mood: Sweet orange, Lime, Grapefruit, Lemon, etc.
- Essential Oils to Restore Your Respiratory System: Eucalyptus, Pine, etc.
Benefits of using Essential Oils in the shower
- Purification of the air. Essential oils are capable of removing bacteria and fungi in the air when they are released into the air. By this implication, it means when you diffuse the oils into the bathroom frequently, you make the atmosphere cleaner and more inviting to bath in.
- They are safer than using incense and candles. Using essential oils is not the only way of applying aromatherapy to the room, but it is one of the safest ways to do so. Candles can seem romantic, but they produce wax which is spilled in the floor and the fire hazards that come with the use of a candle. Using essential oils do not give headaches or any form of reactions that comes with the smell produced by candles.
- They are more effective than other forms of aromatherapy. Essential oils are proven to be more effective than candles and incense. They contain more effective high concentration that will help you get the zenith benefits from using them.
How to apply Essential Oils in the shower
- Essential Oil melts: These are more like a solid carrier for the essential oils. They are placed on the bathroom floor to allow splashes of water to touch them. And in that way are released into the air.
- The Shower Diffuser: This is our very own design and better solution to the shower melt. This product is placed on any wall and works with oil bottles from every major essential oil brands. Get your Shower Diffuser here: https://oasisdiffusers.com/collections/all-products/products/shower_diffuser